Titre de livre: TypeScript High Performance: Code for performance, use asynchronous programming, and deliver resources efficiently
Éditeur: Packt Publishing
Auteur: Ajinkya Kher
- Efficiently use Data Structures, Language Constructs, & Handle Asynchrony
- Monitor the performance, Code Quality, & Resource Optimizations
- Build & Deploy Strategies for Large Scale TypeScript Projects
In a world where a tiny decrease in frames per second impacts customer engagement greatly, writing highly scalable code is more of a necessity than a luxury. Using TypeScript you get type checking during development. This gives you the power to write optimized code quickly. This book is also a solid tool to those who're curious to understand the impact of performance in production, and it is of the greatest aid to the proactive developers who like to be cognizant of and avoid the classic pitfalls while coding.
The book will starts with explaining the efficient implementation of basic data Structures, data types, and flow control. You will then learn efficient use of advanced language constructs and asynchronous programming. Further, you'll learn different configurations available with TSLint to improve code quality and performance. Next, we'll introduce you to the concepts of profiling and then we deep dive into profiling JS with several tools such as firebug, chrome, fiddler. Finally, you'll learn techniques to build and deploy real world large scale TypeScript applications.
What you will learn
- Learn about the critical rendering path, and the performance metrics involved along the same
- Explore the detailed inner intricacies of a web browser
- Build a large scale front end applications and learn the thought process behind architecting such an effort
- Understand the challenges of scalability and how TypeScript renders itself to the cause
- Learn efficient usage of TypeScript constructs to deliver high performance and avoid common mistakes and pitfalls that can hamper performance
- Monitor performance, resolve and detect performance bottlenecks in production, and learn the tools involved
About the Author
Ajinkya Kher is a full stack developer, currently working at Microsoft on the communications infrastructure for Skype and Microsoft teams. He is passionate about modern scalable architectural patterns, efficient problem solving, and process design. His experience and expertise is in the .NET middle tier/backend and modern HTML5 frontend frameworks.
He loves getting his hands dirty with the latest and the greatest technologies out there. In his free time, you can find him winning Hackathons, building mobile applications, and lifting weights. He has been playing tennis for more than a decade and has been an ardent fan of cricket and Sachin Tendulkar since childhood, his weekends are thus often spent playing these two sports. He also likes to practice and read about spirituality and philosophy whenever he can.
Check out his latest podcast Building Modern Web Applications using React/Redux/Angular2/RxJs on YouTube and you can also follow him on LinkedIn.
Table of Contents
- Efficient Implementation of Basic Data Structures and Algorithms
- Variable Declarations, Namespaces & Modules
- Efficient Usage of Advanced Language Constructs
- Asynchronous Programming & Responsive UI
- Write Quality Code & Improve Performance with TSLint
- Critical Rendering Path & Efficient Resource Loading
- Profile Deployed JS with Developer Tools & Fiddler
- Build & Deployment Strategies for Large Scale Projects